The mission of the Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung is to understand and design nanostructured materials down to atomic and electronic scales. In this spirit, we conduct basic research on structural and functional materials, mostly metallic alloys, embracing synthesis and processing, characterization and properties, as well as their response in engineering components exposed to real environmental conditions. We work interdisciplinary, with intense mutual stimulation among experimentalists and theoreticians as well as among different groups and departments.
Project manager for research data infrastructure (f/m/div)
Within the MatWerk consortium (https://nfdi-matwerk.de)
of the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI), the digitization of materials science and technology is to be implemented in cooperation with all participating groups from all over Germany. For this purpose, tailor-made software tools, infrastructure concepts and knowledge graphs are developed. The resulting digital data space is intended to map the complex relationships between different types of materials data and make them straight-forwardly usable in order to achieve synergy effects between the scientific groups and disciplines. In particular, you have the following tasks:
- You coordinate an interdisciplinary, cross-institute development team and ensure the exchange between the different working groups as well as with the project partners and users from scientific practice
- Together with experts from materials science and technology, you will derive project requirements and action needs and translate these into measures, the implementation of which you are responsible for.
- You represent the project externally, e.g. at conferences
- As a contact person, you organize support for the provision and use of the digital infrastructure.
- Completed university degree in materials science and technology, alternatively natural or engineering studies
- Desirable: successfully completed doctorate
- Experience in the coordination and management of scientific projects
- Organizational skills for complex tasks
- Proven programming experience (e.g. in python, C ++)
- Knowledge of research data management, handling database systems, server structures, virtualization, as well as installing and maintaining software are an advantage
- Very good communication skills in English (written & oral)
- Ability to think analytically and conceptually as well as enjoy working in an international and interdisciplinary team in which development processes are promoted cooperatively
What we offer
- We offer an exciting and varied job in one of the leading international institutes in the field of materials research
- You will experience different challenges every day at the interface between digitization, software development, materials research and management.
- Through this position, you will achieve comprehensive international visibility in both an academic and an industrial context.
- We offer a wide range of opportunities for professional and personal development
- Flexible working hours allow you to combine family, leisure and work well.
The position is limited to 4 years, with the possibility to extend if the scientific progress and funding permits.
The Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply. The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
MPIE - Wissenschaftlicher Bereich